Friday, March 5, 2010

A "teaser" of things to come.

I will be revealing some old artwork (and before too long some new works) as a sort of "online portfolio".
(I'll also have to update an actual proper web-site, but for now, this will do just fine.)

---

First up, I'll be showcasing some comic book style artwork that I had done (starting with some old stuff, even going as far back to my youth) featuring the Marvel comics character; Doctor Strange and his worlds.
But as a sneak peak, I'll post one image that has been seen hither and yon on the web already...

So without (further) ado...



presents...

an old DOCTOR STRANGE illustration.
(click to make more "Louvre-worthy")
pencil artwork by myself- in a style inspired by Alphonse Mucha

This piece was one of several that I had sent in to Wizard magazine, a comic-book industry mag, for a cover contest back in 2000 (which is why I have the placeholder for a "Wizard" logo up top). I drew the Marvel comics character; Doctor Strange because he has long been one of my favorites.

If you are interested in Doctor Strange and other Marvel magical characters, feel free to visit the Sanctum Sanctorum Comix blog as well. [HERE]

So, I'll be back here before too long, showcasing artwork, old and new, promoting this space and some wares for sale (I'll be taking commissions as well) and just getting back to my roots.

No comments: